The lesson from today is destined to students that have just started learning English. It basically covers only names and nicknames. It is programmed for a 90 minute class, but it varies according to group.
Note: This lesson plan can be easily adapted to work with countries and nationalities.
Part 1 – 15 to 20 Minutes
* In groups, discuss and make a list of common names and nicknames
* Add uncommon names and nicknames to the list
Part 2 – 15 to 20 Minutes
* Create an exercise with the names and nicknames. Examples:
--- Divide them into columns for matching
--- Scramble them: Natalia > aantail
--- Make a crossword puzzle
--- Make a word search
Part 3 – 15 to 20 Minutes
* Trade papers and try to solve your classmates’ activities
Part 4 – 15 to 20 Minutes
* Discuss the new list of names, matching names and nicknames
* Discuss about uncommon names from the list and if you have heard of them